Friday, May 28, 2010

Our Youth and the Future

Just finished teaching over 20 young people a 3 Day Police Bicycle Course. It was great to see young people of various backgrounds and ethnicities pursuing a career in law enforcement. It resounded around the group however, they all fear finding jobs after college, and many who recently graduated are worried over paying back school loans.

I can't help but think that our Government Leadership is out of touch with the mainstream of Delaware. Especially lower Delaware. Where are the jobs we are being told are being created?

It's a sad day when 20 and 21 year olds have more fear of entering the working world than they do excitement and anticipation. It's even worse that they have spent thousands to equip themselves for their career and have anxiety over whether they can pay their debts, much less support themselves.

We need change. Not just a little, but a whole lot. We need everyday people to represent us in Dover and Washington DC. That's why my campaign slogan is "Dedicated to Public Service not Politics". I am one of the thousands of Delawareans who worry about the debt my children are accumulating. I get angry when I realize that our Government leaders are putting them deeper and deeper into debt with every fee and every tax hike that gets whizzed through. Enough is enough and it's time to freeze Government spending in Dover, talk to the tax payers and find out what their priorities are, and cut the excess. I am running for office to start the process and I want to be held accountable! I again ask you to research the candidates and choose the one who demonstrates common sense spending and accountability by government officials.

No comments:

Post a Comment