Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Time is Drawing Near

A great couple of weeks have passed by in a flurry. Had a 16 hour day on August 1st making some of the bigger campaign signs. Thanks to my nephew Jason Raksnis ( A Talented Custom Cabinet Maker) and my Brother in law, David Downes, we were able to construct a bunch of signs at a fraction of the cost of purchasing new. This saved the campaign much needed funds to do some other important things prior to the September 14th Primary. This is what I will take to Dover, finding the least expensive method to provide necessary Government Service, what a novel idea!!!

Jason and I spent Sunday putting the signs up and I'm hoping many of you have seen them in your travels through the 33rd District. I have a few more left to post, and I will have the area pretty well covered. If you have a place in the 33rd for a 4'x2' sign, please let me know. I deliver and erect at no cost to you!!!!

Monday Night found us at the Sussex County GOP Meeting. We had alot of fun and they are a truly energized group of men and women! Judge Lee, Senator Simpson, Rep. Castle, Ruth Briggs-King, and others took an opportunity to speak to the group. I was also given the chance to introduce myself and tell what sets me apart from my primary candidate. I am truly humbled at the outpouring of support. Republicans are excited, and momentum continues to build!!

Tuesday found us at the Delaware Electric Coop Annual Meeting where we enjoyed a fantastic gathering and great food. Met alot of great people who are pumped to get things in Dover back to being sensible! Representative Dave Wilson shook more hands than I thought humanly possible!!! I have to wonder how long it takes for the feeling to return to his fingers. He is a well respected and highly regarded man. It was great standing nearing him and seeing the people who know him from either is public service or his auction. A great benefit was being able to introduce myself to many of his friends, neighbors and supporters as well as many who were just checking out the field of candidates. A great time and a great opportunity. Cindy and my youngest daughter Ana worked hard meeting and greeting people also. They are a blessing!

After the Co-op Meeting we went to Harrington and hung out at the Harrington Police Night Out. A great event, great weather and great people. Everyone had fun although I think Chief Barlow should have demonstrated his dancing skills on the stage. Wait a minute...... maybe not!

Be sure to get your ticket for the Steve Rust Campaign at the Georgia House Restaurant in Milford on 08/16 from 5:00-7:00. Tickets are $16.99 for Adults, $8.50 for children and they are available by calling 432-7405 or 222-3787. We need to hear from you so we can tell the Georgia House how many to expect. By the way, the price pays for the entire meal!!! The entree (choice of 4), side, drink and dessert are included in the price. Their Food is Great, and the candidate serving the food and mingling is not so bad either. Please come out and fellowship with us.

One Last Thing, Remember the Primary on September 14th. We're lining people up to work the polls and I need to get a group of about 50 people together. If you're available, please let us know and remember to get your family, friends and neighbors out to vote!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment