Monday, June 14, 2010

ABSURDITY OR INSANITY???

I just read a news story about the Delaware House of Representatives considering a bill backed by the Governor which would pay for the School meals of ALL School children in Delaware.

The story added that "lawmakers said that if the bill passes, it would not take effect until $4 MILLION is found to pay for it."

Please tell me when was the last time you walked around and "FOUND" $4 Million?

Our Leadership simply doesn't get it!!!! WE ARE BROKE. We have had years of budget deficits, a deficit is predicted for this year, and WE ARE COMMITTING TO SPEND $4 MILLION!!!!!????? Who could run their house or business like this?

I think I'll call my mortgage company and tell them I've decided to buy a $2 Million Dollar house. Go ahead and get the paperwork started, tell the owners I'm committed to the deal, I just have to figure out where the money is. Oh, and tell them not to worry, if I don't have the money just laying around, I'll find somebody (the taxpaying citizen) to pay for it!!!

We have to change something and Democratic Leadership in the House and Senate seems like a GREAT place to start. Elect Steve Rust for the House of Representatives and take a step toward stopping this disrespect for tax paying citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment